Thank you for visiting Northeast Washington Trends, an online community resource offering a centralized location to learn more about Ferry, Pend Oreille, and Stevens Counties. Approximately 130 indicators are highlighted, all are supported by trusted, reliable sources and are continually updated.
These measures were chosen by residents in the three counties through a careful process and represent the preferences of what to measure from the available data. As you begin to examine the eight main categories, we hope you find the information relevant and useful in your daily work and decision-making. Enjoy your visit!
Northeast Washington Trends exists to give the communities in Ferry, Pend Oreille, and Stevens Counties a way to assess how they are doing in key quality-of-life areas, such as education, health, and the environment. The Trends also seeks to improve local, public decision making by providing relevant data in an easily navigable website. The data are offered as neutral information for all parties involved in public policy issues.
More specifically, the goals are:
- To collect and share a broad
- spectrum of information to support informed decision making by individual community members, governmental policy makers, non-governmental organizations, businesses, researchers and the press.
- To benchmark Chelan Douglas Trends against Washington State trends or other comparable communities to better understand our strengths and opportunities.
- To enable analysis of these trends.
One of the challenges of developing the Northeast Washington Trends site is the regional nature of the many communities we serve in three different counties. Many volunteers participated in 7 focus groups to determine the top indicators in each category. In determining which data sets would be used, the following guidelines were followed:
- Selected by members of the community